Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Andrew's Advice

All right Andrew. I took your advice. I have my own blog. I actually think it is kind of nice. It's all mine, no sharing.
Anyway, I finished my second day of school and my two hours of homework (certainly uprecedented in my life, but I suppose I better get used to it). Well, I think I'm going to go to bed soon, seeing that I have to get up tomorrow for band workout. So, I will leave my private, but public, realm and go to my beloved mattress and have many different, weird, and completely unrelated dreams (that's been happening a lot lately, I must be insane).

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

I think more people should take my advice. Of course, if they did, we'd have a few less people in band. Anyway, (you might have known this, as well) I was reading your profile and was intrigued by your random question. The fork was invented by the italians long after the spoon (spoons were used as early as mesopotamia). There was no necessity for the fork previously because everbody had formal eating daggers, and the only other society that had pasta (the Asians) used chopsticks because it is considered rude to stab your food at the table. For many years the fork was regarded as a vulgar and unfit piece of cutlery until society became more relaxed about social standards after the renaissance, and after pasta began to diffuse culturally. By the time of the colonization of the Americas, the fork was already well established. Some early forks only had two tines, while there where forks with as many as 8. Three tines became the standard at the dawn of the Victorian era in England.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

And no, I didn't copy this from a website about the history of the fork.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

And, also, no, I don't read books about cutlery, though I do own one.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I certainly know more about forks now. I think I'll go ahead and change the question to something more pointless.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home