Sunday, September 11, 2005

Masquerade

It's amazing how much of a deeper meaning this song has that I have never thought of before...

Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade . . .
Masquerade!
Hide your face,so the world willnever find you!
Masquerade!
Every face a different shade . . .
Masquerade!
Look around -there's anothermask behind you!
Flash of mauve . . .Splash of puce . . .Fool and king . . .Ghoul and goose . . .Green and black . . .Queen and priest . . .Trace of rouge . . .
Face of beast . . .Faces . . .Take your turn, take a rideon the merry-go-round . . .in an inhuman race . . .
Eye of gold . . .Thigh of blue . . .True is false . . .Who is who . . .?Curl of lip . . .Swirl of gown . . .Ace of hearts . . .
Face of clown . . .Faces . . .Drink it in, drink it up,till you've drownedin the light . . .in the sound . . .
Masquerade!
Grinning yellows,spinning reds . . .
Masquerade!
Take your fill -let the spectacleastound you!
Masquerade!
Burning glances,turning heads . . .
Masquerade!
Stop and stareat the sea of smilesaround you!
Masquerade!
Seething shadowsbreathing lies . . .
Masquerade!
You can foolany friend whoever knew you!
Masquerade!
Leering satyrs,peering eyes . . .Masquerade!
Run and hide -but a face willstill pursue you!
(Dance session)
Masquerade!
Paper faces on parade!
Masquerade!
Hide your face,so the world willnever find you!
Masquerade!
Every face a different shade!
Masquerade!
Look around -There's anothermask behind you!
Masquerade!
Burning glances,turning heads . . .
Masquerade!
Stop and stareat the sea of smilesaround you!
Masquerade!
Grinning yellows,spinning reds . . .
Masquerade!
Take your fill -let the spectacleastound you

Isn't it amazing how humans act like that? Why can't we just be ourselves? Why do we always participate in this..."Masquerade"... I know, we want to be cool and fit in. But I would rather have a world in which everybody is just themselves and not trying to be Mr. Hotshot. We would certainly advance much faster.
Then there's also the fact that you never know who you are talking to. Its all just a bunch of masks every where you look. I don't understand why I can't have a conversation with a real person insted of talking to a "sea of smiles." Why do we have to act differently??
I just wish people would be themselves. After watching that movie at Dominic's welcoming party and then hearing this song, it started to make me think. I know that some of you don't hide behind a mask and I thank you for that. I just wish that everybody in our school would just be themselves. It would get rid of many of the social problems around here and that would be nice. But I suppose that would be to hard for some of those people. Oh no! I don't look like Hillary Duff! What am I going to do?? Everybody's going to laugh at me!! I won't because I don't care if you look like Hillary Duff. Anyway, I hope I made my point because I am very tired and I'm going to go to bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

That is like the best song EVER!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

When someone is someone else, they can blame all of their indescresions on the self that is not them. They slowly realize through experience that that does not work because it is the mask that you become. by the way, wasn't I right about the fact that we would only deteriorate with time.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Nanashi Lunam Tenshi said...

hmmmmmmmm

5:11 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Somewhat off subject, but still pertaining to Phantom, listen to all the different parts and layers in Prima Donna. I dare you to catch every part.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home