Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Here's the Truth: Failure Sucks

They say failure is one of the best teachers in life. I say this for two reasons. One is personal. Secondly, my eyes were opened today and I want my lesson to be a lesson to the rest of you. Failure hurts...bad. Es no bueno. Horrible guilty feeling. I don't know how I can describe how much it hurts to you, especially when it was something you poured your soul into. Remember this the next time you're in rehearsal. I'm not talking about advancing to state. I'm talking about coming off that field knowing that if we had just flexed our toes a little higher, if we had only held that note a little longer, if we had only hit that set a little harder, if we had only pushed that mile a little faster..., we might have made it. October seventh is looming ever closer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

chris what is wrong? chris this makes me sad! so sad! what is going on in Celina Texas now that I'm gone?

9:21 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

We are the Celina Bobcat band and know it or not PRIDE runs through ALL of our veins!!! We can do it and we WILL rock the world of marching band even harder this year!!!

BRING IT ON 3A!!!

UNSKAOORAH!!!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Solomon said...

failure isn't really that bad chris. Not when it has a purpose. Sometimes failure leads to a path in life that is better than the one you are currently on. And Chris, I'm not saying you are a bad section leader.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I wasn't really really talking about that as much as I was talking about how bad it will feel if we knew we could have done better, but didn't

8:14 PM  
Blogger Nanashi Lunam Tenshi said...

ooh, chill bumps...I'm so proud of your enthusiasm and determination. Don't have any regrets when you march off the field, not matter the outcome. That is the only true success.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home