Thursday, November 03, 2005

Yay change (now that's a new phrase)

You know, I was thinking earlier today (I know, what a shock) and I realized something. My life is so much better now. Any freshmen who are reading this or anybody else who has known me for a while have probably seen a change in me.
Well, I think it's time to explain my change. Some of you think it's better, while some of you think it's worse. Well, I'm telling you now, I don't plan on going back to what I used to be.
When I came into band and high school, there was a different kind of feeling than junior high. Yea, junior high sucks. The band is so much like a family, it's like home. And even high school is different. Nobody cares how you look or what you are doing. Everybody just goes along their own way.
I used to be this kid who sat in his corner reading a book or doing homework and was the one to be laughed at. But not anymore. That's why I refuse to go back to my old self. I used to be depressed and stressed and it seemed like the only thing that mattered to me was getting through the day so I could get home and lock myself in my room to go do whatever.
But, not anymore. Coming into band and high school is like stepping into a new world and starting all over again. I can start out on the right foot. I'm more optimistic, and I just feel better all around.
So, those of you who liked my old self better, I'm sorry. Last, thank you band. You gave me what everybody needs...a second chance.

3 Comments:

Blogger xavier said...

awww chris! your so freakin awesome and band loves u! lol WE LEAVE FOR STATE TOMARROW!!!!!!!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

It sounds like you're going to an AA meeting, not band. However, band gives you the chance to start on the left foot (always). Who can say if you've been changed for the better, but you have been changed for good. So, those are all the things your post made me think of. Thank you, family is soo important, it's nice to be considered such (even if we are a little more sexually ambiguous than a regular family)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey now Andrew, do you remember all those right foot step-offs in All Creatures... Of course, that's because it was in 3/2.

Good song. Good musical. It applies to EVERYTHING.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home